The VR Buying Process
When working with VR Mergers and Acquisitions located in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, buyers will experience the process outlined below.
In addition, our firm will work closely with buyers to assist in obtaining financing and helping them fully understand each step of the buying process.
1. Establish Relationship
- Discuss buyer’s goals, interests, income requirements, geography, investment level, time frame.
- Educate buyer on the process.
- Execute confidentiality agreement.
2. Recommend and Review Companies
- Review companies that meet the buyers goals and preferences.
- Provide an overview of each company.
- Provide Confidential Business Review documents for those that interest the buyer.
- Answer questions related to specific businesses.
3. Indication of Interest and Meeting with Seller
- Some sellers require an indication of interest prior to meeting.
- Indication of interest is a non-binding indication of the pricing, terms, and structure the buyer is considering based on current level of information.
- Meet with seller to ask questions, discuss ideas, gain additional insight.
- Tour the business.
- Describe your qualifications to the seller.
4. Business Evaluation
- Review all information in detail.
- Prepare financial projections.
- Prepare business plan outline.
5. Letter of Intent
- Prepare formal letter of intent describing price, terms, and structure of the transaction. Include any contingencies.
- Typical contingencies are for acceptable due diligence outcome, obtaining financing and negotiating an acceptable lease. Include time frames for each contingency.
- Reach agreement on price and terms.
- Commit that a transaction is likely.
6. Conduct Due Diligence
- Review key aspects of the business and confirm information.
- Accounting and financial records.
- Copies of contracts or legal documents.
- Inspect facilities and equipment.
- Inventory involve advisors such as attorney or CPA.
7. Prepare Purchase Agreement
- Work with attorney to prepare the purchase agreement and other documents, as required, as proposed in the letter of intent.
- Complete the closing and begin ownership of your new business.
Are you ready to learn more?
VR Business Brokers offers a transaction road map that is not only detailed, but proven